Is anyone asking for a new craft light for Christmas? There are so many types of lights out there, it can be overwhelming. Some are large, some are small, some are halogen or LED and some provide true color. Here are some options and functions to demystify the process. There’s still time to let Santa know if you find one you like!
The powerful LED Table version is ideal for all types of needlework sewing and quilting. It provides long arm reach of 22 in. and an even wide coverage of light which is ideal for large work surfaces. The daylight technology reduces eye strain and glare for healthy vision and allows true color matching features. It has a high-quality brushed steel finish with slimline design and bright daylight LEDs for perfect color matching. The lamp brightness is 1200 lux at 30cm.. The table lamp is supplied with a high quality metal clamp, light color temperature – 5500-6500K, energy consumption – 5W, and the product color is brushed chrome. The dimensions are 18.1 x 18.5 x 0.8 in. and the item weight is 2.2 lbs. with a price of $120.00.
- 30 Super Bright Natural Daylight LED’s rated to last up to 40,000 hours
- 5-inc diameter, 2x optical grade magnifier with 4x spot magnifier
- Head with integrated handle and flexible neck easily positions light exactly where you need it
- Easily converts to floor or table configurations with incuded lamp conversion kit $74.98
A modern all-purpose lamp designed for maximum function and comfort. Includes a high quality large diameter (5in) magnifying lens that has a 1.75X magnification; a bright 13 watt low energy daylight simulation bulb that gives off low heat; and is excellent for color matching and improved clarity semi-rimless lens that gives a comfortable uninterrupted view; an adjustable spring counter balanced arm with long reach that allows accurate positioning of the lens; and comes with a table clamp. The floor stand can be purchased separately with a protective lens cap which is removable. $113.74
Our LEDs produce little to no heat, use only a fraction of the power of conventional light sources, and are rated to last 50,000 hours! This means once a customer has our light in their workspace they can depend on it for years to come, without ever having to change a bulb.
Tri-Spectrum Technology allows the user to choose between cool, pure white, and warm lighting. Different light use during different tasks, or even time of day, can have a large impact. Stella gives you the chance to choose and create the optimal lighting solution.
Stella’s Flex-Arm utilizes an electroplated steel segmented neck. This ensures maximum flexibility along with a strong hold in practically any positio. Get the light you need, exactly where you need it.
5-Level Dimming is available within each color spectrum mode. Users can dim any mode of light 5 levels, down to 10% of the maximum light output.
Touch Integration controls the original task lamp. A light touch of a finger on the base of the lamp and you can control the light spectrum settings and dimming functions.
Stella’s Box acts like a carrying case! After you have unpacked your light, be sure to keep the box as it makes the perfect travel case.
There are a variety of lights which Stella sells! They range from $140 to $400.
Luminous flux: 88 Lumen
Height: 24 ”
Base diameter: 5 ”
Cord length: 6 ‘ 7 ”
Power: 2.0 W
Magnifier Desk Lamp, ESD-Safe Hilighting Magnifier: ESD Safe Base: IV Pivot Base Reach: 42″ Reach Diopter Lens: 3-diopter lens Finish: White Light Bulb: (1)22w T9 G10q Circline Fluor Description: As one of the best selling lines of magnifiers in the world, Dazor Circline magnifier lamps have been used by professional jewelers, artists, architects, and quality control personnel for decades. The circline fluorescent provides even, shadow-free light under the magnifying lens for hands-free, detailed work or the reading of fine print. Circular light source uniformly illuminates the viewing surface so color contrasts are enhanced without competing shadows. 5-inch diameter precision ground, crown optical glass lens for near-zero light refraction and dispersion. Mounted on Dazor’s contemporary “Floating-arm” that lets you position the light source and lens with the touch of a finger. Rugged construction designed to provide years of service.
This is just one of many of the Dazor Lamps. They have a very high rating and range between $289 – $500
- Top-selling Original Verilux floor lamp provides superior illumination with great contrast and color rendering. Energy-efficient Natural Spectrum light: formulated for maximum visual efficiency and comfort
- Verilux Natural Spectrum lamps enable you to see, read and work better and longer with less fatigue. A trusted brand with more than 1,000,000 lamps sold
- Don’t take chances with your eyes! Safety tested to the highest standards.
- Flicker-Elimination Technology, parabolic glare-reducing Optix diffuser, Hi/Low switch. Single pie
- ce D-shaped steel shaft for superior stability and durability. Unique In-base user-replaceable ballast electronics $99
Easily adjust brightness levels with touch activated control
- Smart memory feature remembers your last brightness setting
- Maximum of 708 lumens
- Expansive 12.5-inch shade provides broad illumination
- Height adjusts from 49 inches to 71 inches
- Super Bright Natural Daylight OttLite LEDs rated to last up to 40,000 hours $129
- For hands-free personal light anywhere; extra bright light is easy on the eyes; doesn’t disturb others
- Extra wide light from 6 LEDs in a row easily covers 2 pages; great for crafts, quilting, knitting, etc.
- BNR Orange Relaxation Filter softens and warms the cool LED light and blocks energizing blue light
- BNR Red Relaxation Filter blocks blue light, reduces ambient light, & helps maintains night vision
- Alkaline AA batteries (not incl) deliver longer battery life: 50 hrs using 6 LEDs, 100 hrs with 3 LEDs
- Now you can purchase a power pack to plug in! No more batteries!
Vision Enhancing Floor Lamps w/6 Color Blend
• HD Color Technology featuring 96CRI 5900 kelvin
• Lifetime Warranty on 70w Desk & Floor for for
Peace of Mind
• The Only Lamps shown to Improve your Vision! $119
Here is another website that explains all the differences in the light bulbs. http://www.lampsusa.com There are so many types of bulbs, it can be very confusing. I know in my quilt cabin, the bulbs get the room very hot. I would love to find different lighting so I’m not roasting when I’m on my longarm after several hours!
Since this is a long term investment, it’s important to research the type of light you need. If it’s going to be in your living room, it not only has to be functional, but is now part of your decor. I wish I would have known there were so many choices out there before I purchased my last light!
Happy Holidays to all of you,
Enjoy every day, as we love to create no matter who likes it or doesn’t, we loved making it for them!