Windows 10, UGGGG
So, after spending days on the phone with my internet provider, HP service in many countries and having someone from the internet provider come visit our house, I think I’ve finally figured out how to run Windows 10 on Wifi! I want to share this with all of you so you can turn these setting off to make your network run much faster than it is now if you have a Windows 10 computer.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the windows tab at the bottom left and type in Settings
- Click settings with the gear at the top
- Click Update & Security
- Click Advanced Options on the right side
- Click how updates are delivered
- TURN OFF GET UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT, AND GET UPDATES FROM AND SEND UPDATES TO PC’S ON MY LOCAL NETWORK.
What this does is broadcast constantly over your home network signals asking each computer if it has any updates. So if you add your phone, your IPAD, another computer and a printer, you slow down. Because of this, you will have to check and see if there are any updates from Windows whenever you want. I prefer this anyway.
The second thing you need to do is also in your settings:
- Right click on your Windows key in the bottom left corner
- Choose the Control Panel
- In the search box in the top right corner, type Performance and hit enter
- Find Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on Change in the Virtual Memory Section
- Uncheck the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
- Select by clicking once the default drive C: as this is where your Windows 10 is installed and choose Custom Size
- Change Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommend values by Windows which is in the Total Paging File Size For all Drives section
- Click Set and O.K. You might get a message that if you set this lower than 800k windows will not be able to send errors if a problem occurs, don’t worry about it. It’s not a problem.
- Now you need to restart your computer.
I were amazed how fast our internet was running after doing both these fixes and I hope this helps you. I always like to share tips like this and if it helps one other person it’s worth it!
Half Square Triangle Cheat Sheet
Jacquelynne Steves from The Art of Home, has made us all a wonderful Half Square Triangle Cheat Sheet. You are going to love this! She has done all the math for HST from sizes 1″ to 12 1/2″. This might be something you have laminated and save when you decide to design that special quilt, you know, the one we all have inside us! Here is an example, but you need to go to her site so you can see how she explains her work. It’s very impressive! While your at her site, check out her free BOM Maggies first Dance. She has a lot of people making these blocks and they are posting them all over Instagram and Facebook. Very pretty!
Halloween Fun Free Patterns
It’s always fun to make a few new things for the holidays. Here are some fun things to make for Halloween:
Monsters Munchies from McCalls
Quilter’s Newsletter Hallowgraphix Jack
Andy from a Bright Corner has a free pattern on
The Epic Halloween Quilt-Along – If you’ve ever wanted to make a Halloween quilt, here is your chance! From Flying Parrots Quilts
Witch’s Silhouette Halloween Pillow – from Polkadot Chair
Halloween Pillow Tutorial from Amanda at Jedicraftgirl
Hope you enjoy these patterns! I love Halloween and I’ve embroidered several of Anita Gooddesigns wall hangings. It always brings me joy to hang them up.
Enjoy every day, as we love to create no matter who likes it or doesn’t, we loved making it for them!